Wednesday, June 18, 2014

5 Years Out

A couple of weeks ago, I had an absolute blast reminiscing during my five year college reunion.  FIVE. YEARS.

I seriously can remember graduation day like it was yesterday.... so I can't even begin to believe that it's been five years.

I'm not sure how you celebrate your college reunions... but at my alma mater, we celebrate by acting like freshman (or seniors?) again, moving into the dorms, and spend the whole weekend drinking, chatting, and eating.

It. was. wonderful.

We got to wander around campus, meet women who were attending their twentieth, thirtieth, and even a woman who was at her EIGHTY year college reunion.  WHAT.  (Yes, that would make her approximately 102 years old.)

Even 10 years after I first set foot on campus as a prospective student... I was blown away at how beautiful campus is.


We got to go up in that bell tower pictured (above)... and took the pic below.  You could see for miles all around!


I didn't take too many pictures because I was so busy laughing and chatting and drinking wine.  :)

We had time in the weekend to sneak in a bridal shower for the bride-to-be among us - she had NO idea it was happening, so that was a fun surprise!



I'm glad I got one pic of the former senior year roommates... I can still vividly remember laying on the floor late at night, pretending to do homework.


And I'm so glad we snapped a group shot after church on Sunday morning.  The time goes way, wayy too fast.


How has it been 5 years?


While I can't believe it's been FIVE years since I set foot on campus as a student... I have since met and married the love of my life... and lived SO much since then.

But when we're all together and laughing and hanging in an ancient dorm room - I think I would go back in a heartbeat. 

SMC Forever.

2 Classy Comments:

K said...

Glad you had so much fun! I was just thinking, "Hmmm when is MY 5 year?" and then realized that it was last year. Whoops! Haha

Tess said...

You girls are seriously stunning!! I love that you guys have the on going tradition to visit the school and have a weekened together. I miss Iowa City so much and would just about die to have a weekend there with my college girls reliving the glory days.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity